Pilot Flight Academy Launches Unique Scholarship Program
– Sponsoring pilot training for students
As one of the leading flight schools in Europe, Pilot Flight Academy (PFA) is launching its own scholarship program for future pilot students. The recipients of the scholarship will have their tuition fees covered throughout the entire 18-month vocational school program.
Increasingly more forecasts indicate that the world will face a critical pilot shortage within a few years, and the demand for pilots from airlines will therefore be enormous. Future pilots will have great opportunities for both steady jobs and attractive conditions.
Pilot Flight Academy aims to help solve the pilot shortage, and the school is now taking the initiative to make pilot education available to even more people through the awarding of two free study placements. The scholarship program is one of several measures to raise awareness about the pilot profession. PFA has an international student body, and the scholarship is made available to both Norwegian and international applicants.
With this, the school aims to make education possible and attractive for individuals who would otherwise not have the financial means to pursue their dream of becoming a pilot, as well as individuals who, through their extraordinary social engagement or other merits, have particularly earned this opportunity. Each of the scholarships has a total value of 1 050 000 Norwegian Kroner and covers all semester fees at the school.
Pilot Flight Academy has a rolling and open admissions process throughout the year. To qualify for the scholarships in 2023, the application deadline is August 25, 2023, for the course starting on September 20, 2023.
We welcome applicants from around the world to compete for the two pilot scholarships, and women are especially encouraged to apply.
To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Be 18 years old at the start of the program and not turn 34 in the same year.
• Be between 150-200 cm tall.
• Have completed secondary education.
• Be able to meet the medical requirements to obtain a Class 1 Medical Certificate from an Aviation Medical Examiner. A Norwegian Class 1 Medical Certificate must be held when starting the course.
• Pass the admission test for Pilot Flight Academy before the application deadline (August 25, 2023).
• Meet the requirements to obtain a student visa for the United States.
• Submit a short motivational application letter (maximum 300 words).
• Submit a short selfie video explaining why you deserve the free study placement (maximum 2 minutes).
• Be active on social media and willing to document and share your study journey.
The scholarship covers the cost of tuition fees (currently 1 050 000 NOK), which includes:
• Theoretical training in Norway.
• Travel to the United States.
• Accommodation in the United States.
• Approximately 5 months of flight training in the United States.
• Travel back to Norway.
• Approximately 7 months of flight training in Norway.
The scholarship recipients will be responsible for the following costs:
• PFA admission test fee: 500 NOK.
• Aviation medical examination (currently 9 600 NOK).
• Theory examination fee to the Civil Aviation Authority (currently 13 x 850 NOK).
• Fee to the Civil Aviation Authority (certificate issuance, currently 6 110 NOK; price examiner for the Skill Test CPL/IR; see current prices on their website ).
• Accommodation at PFA Campus: 6 000 – 7 000 NOK per month (optional, but recommended).
• Any additional training beyond the standard training program and according to PFA’s current rates, if necessary.
• Travel expenses for the medical examination in Oslo.
• Travel expenses to and from Torp, Sandefjord.
• Living expenses in the United States and Norway.
The scholarship recipients will be selected by a jury consisting of representatives from the school’s management and a student representative:
• Karl Morten Rosenlund – Accountable Manager
• Knut Knutzen – D-CFI
• Margot Bartelds – Head of Student Services, Marketing and Sales
• Kim Kristoffersen – Flight Instructor
• Keji Watanabe – Chairman Propwash (student union)
Applications should be sent to email@example.com by August 25, 2023, at 23:59. Note that the PFA entrance exam must be completed with an approved result for the application to be processed. On August 31, 2023, at 12:00, the recipients of the scholarships will be announced on pilot.no.
Family members (e.g., siblings, children, grandchildren, step-children, and spouses) of PFA employees are not eligible to apply for the scholarship. PFA reserves the right to determine which candidates are selected to receive the scholarship.